Featured “Monday Writer”
– Judy Mick
In business and in life, being motivated (and positively motivated) is the most important characteristic you can have. There are many ways you can build motivational habits on a daily basis. Habits can be hard in the beginning, but give it 30 days and see how naturally they come!
1. Have visual motivators. These are extremely important because your surroundings create the attitude you have every day. A few things that you can post on your wall or your computer include: positive quotes, a beach house you want to buy, a motivational calendar, etc. Anything that makes you feel good. I admit to all of the above!
2. Stay around positive people. Your friends should be people who build you up, make you feel good and support your endeavors. If you have a friend who always shoots you down, makes you feel bad about yourself……don’t hang out with them. Or, you could ask them why they are always so negative – maybe they don’t realize that they are. Just make sure you are around positive, supportive people.
3. Read or listen to motivational and inspirational things daily. These will help you strengthen your mind and build up your confidence.
4. Positive Self-Talk. Write down some positive affirmations and repeat them to yourself daily. It makes you feel good about yourself and gets your mind on the right track for success.
5. Keep Up a Positive Attitude. Always remain positive. As soon as you stop thinking that life is so difficult – you will find it becomes easier. Try to see the bright side of every situation. “Stuff” happens. Things you’re working on don’t always go as planned. It’s how you deal with it that determines your success.
6. Share Your Attitude. Once you become a positive, motivated person – share your attitude with others. Be contagious! You’ll find that when you share your positiveness and passions – you will be driven to accomplish more.
Remember – attitude is a choice. Pick a good one!