Featured “Monday Writer” – Sheila Atwood
Do you have times when you’re a little low on motivation? Do you need a jump-start to get yourself rolling again?
Join the club. We all have those times in life where we have lost interest. Or the task at hand seems a little too hard to confront.
“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you chances are it will burn very briefly.” Steven R. Covey
5 Magic Motivation Action Steps
1. Recognize Success. Life is full of successes we fail to give ourselves credit for. Don’t be so hard on yourself. When you take on any task it can seem to take a long time to find success.
For example when you first start writing a blog, it can seem like new posts take forever. But each completion is success. When the blog is published that is success. Count each step as a success and it becomes easier and easier. Recognize those little successes.
Remember, as your sphere of influence gets bigger, new problems will arise. View resolving each new problem as a success and your sphere of influence will grow again.
2. Partner up! Find someone to share your successes with. Pick someone with like goals, who is supportive of your endeavors. Pick someone who understands. My partner is my sister. We can run ideas and problems by each other. We also share our successes.
3. Produce a product. Nike Shoes tag line is “Just Do It”. You will be amazed at how well this works for blogging, business or in personal matters.
When you feel unmotivated produce a product….write an article, do an interview or design a new label. Keep it simple. Choose something you can easily confront. Choose something you know and can produce quickly. Make a success!
“If opportunity doesn’t knock build a door.” Milton Berle
4. Do Unto Others. This action step is simply magic all on its own. Stop moping around and get in there doing for another person. This step is inclusive of the steps above; (a. Quick success, (b.sharing a success with another and (c.producing a product.
Keep this simple. Make twice as much dinner and share it with a neighbor. Call someone you have been meaning to call and share a happy story. Wash your sweetie-pies’ car. Show up unexpectedly at a friends’ event.
Soon you will be back on track in your own endeavors.
5. Revisit Your Vision. If you have not written your vision of what you want, do it. You can’t reach the top of the mountain if you do not know that the mountain even exists. When it is hard to push through use your vision as motivation to stay the course. Have courage.
“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
To your success!
Sheila Atwood, Newbie Lifeline
P.S. Do you have a magic way you use to get motivated? Please share it.
Sheila Atwood writes “Newbie Lifeline” , a beginner’s guide to making money online. Her current series is on marketing.