If you are just starting out online, or maybe in the first three months you may be considered a ‘young online entrepreneur”. You probably feel intimidated much like a young child who starts attending a new school in the middle of the semester. Everyone seems to know someone else or have a large following, but no one knows who you are.
I can relate to how you feel because I felt the same way when I started my online business. What I found out, through observation and training, is that if you are willing to do what it takes, you can expand your reach and establish your credibility online fairly quickly. Unfortunately I was not aware of some of the points I’m about to share until quite some time after I’d started my first blog.
1. Start or re-commit to your blog: Many people, including offline small business owners or entrepreneurs, hear the word blog and it conjures images of what blogs originally were: somewhat like an ongoing diary of events, or blurbs of what you’re doing. Not anymore. Blogs have evolved into valuable websites managed by people who have information to share with others.
2. Your blog is your hub or can be compared to your ‘home’ on the internet. Just as you would want to keep you home attractive and appealing so that guests will want to visit with you and return, so you’ll want to make your blog visually appealing and easy to navigate. Make sure that your name is somewhere on your blog as the author. It can be frustrating to visit a blog and find no information on the owner and the posts just say “by Admin.”
3. Creating great content is essential. Build the “wow!” factor by giving your readers valuable information in your posts.
4. When your readers leave a comment, acknowledge and thank them. They did not have to do this. If someone asks a question, no matter how trite it may appear to be to you, make sure to reply as this will show that you really care about people and respect those who choose to visit your blog and are looking to you for more information. At the same time, you establish your own credibility when you do so.
5. Become a part of the blogosphere. You may find this confusing because it’s understood at this point that you have a blog; but there is more involved. The blogosphere is made up of many bloggers in various niches where people with similar or complimentary niches connect or link with each other.
To be part of the blogosphere you will need to leave your ‘home’ and visit other people’s ‘homes’, which means visiting other blogs, leave meaningful comments, and place your link on their blogs. You’ll find that many of these bloggers will reciprocate by visiting your blog and leaving comments as well.
This is a great way to establish your credibility and help others to get to know you. When I visit other blogs I often take the time to read comments on a post. I’ll sometimes click on the name of someone whose comment I found interesting to learn more about them and I’m usually taken to their blog. The same will be true for you. Think of this as one aspect of networking on the internet.
Would you like to discover more tips on how easy it is to build a blog to give you massive visibility, attract people and establish your credibility online? Click on http://mysuccesscircleonline.com/VideoSeries now then share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.