Today is August 1st and the start of the “Ultimate Blog Challenge” coordinated by Michele Scism and Michelle Shaeffer with the hashtag #blogboost on Twitter.
The last blog challenge I participated in was in June, coordinated by Dr. Jeanette Cates with Twitter hashtag #blog30. During the challenge I submitted 21 posts; 9 short of the goal and was a little disappointed with myself that I’d not met the goal. However, I reminded myself that in setting goals, you may fail to reach them the first time but the solution is to pick yourself up and start again.
Before committing to the Ultimate Blog Challenge I debated whether I should participate in another challenge for these reasons:
1) To meet the goal I am obligated to write and submit a post on one designated blog for 31 days.
2) I have other blogs that I need to write posts for, two of which I’ve neglected.
3) One of the goals I’ve set for myself and my business is to focus more on Article Marketing.
4) Another goal is to increase my online visibility.
Here are the reasons why I went ahead and made the commitment:
1) Writing and submitting a new post each day allows me to provide more valuable content for my readers.
2) Because my blog will be updated daily, the Search Engines will crawl my blog frequently and this will increase my rankings.
3) One of the most effective ways to increase my online visibility is to have a blog that provides valuable content and that’s updated regularly. And additional benefit is that with more readers who may be Alexa users themselves, my Alexa rankings are likely to increase.
4) I can re-purpose my blog posts into articles and submit these to the various article directories, the main one I submit to is ezinearticles.com. In so doing I’d be able to maintain my goal of focusing more on Article Marketing.
Here is a bonus reason: During the last challenge I had the privilege of meeting some remarkable people and build friendships and working relationships with like-minded people. This is an opportunity to engage in virtual networking especially if you work from home and may have small children that limit you from attending local networking events.
If you’ve hesitated to join the Ultimate Blog Challenge for reasons similar to mine, I hope you will see that the benefits far outweigh any negative thoughts you may have. I invite you to join the Ultimate Blog Challenge by visiting http://ultimateblogchallenge.com or clicking on the banner on the upper left-hand side of this website.
Please share one thing that motivated you to join the challenge.