Our current economy dictates that entrepreneurs and owners of very small businesses implement whatever steps are necessary to attract and retain new clients and customers.
1) It’s been said that it costs five times as much to attract a new customer as it does to keep an established one. It would therefore be in our best interests to ensure that we are holding our clients and customers ‘close to our chest’ by making it easy and a delight to do business with us. This applies whether we are marketing online or offline.
2) A tested and true way to encourage customer loyalty is by being diligent in following-up with them. In the past some business owners may have thought that was too simplistic, but it’s been recognized through opinion polls, surveys, etc. that this is what customers want. Customer dissatisfaction results when existing customers/clients feel that there is very little personal interest and that businesses see only the $sign. Mary Kay Ash, one of the greatest female entrepreneurs of the 20th century taught that we – the service provider, the sales person, the coach – should view every person as wearing an invisible sign that says, "Make me Feel Important.”
3) Follow-up is not always easy because it takes time, but it is time well spent. Now that many of us have clients and customers who are spending less, or hesitating to spend we need to ensure that we are doing the following:
* Demonstrate more than the usual excellent Customer Service
* Take care of our clients/customer's needs promptly
* Make sure to follow-up after the sale or service to be certain that customers are satisfied and that any dissatisfaction is addressed quickly.
4) We want happy customers who know that we care because this will build trust and they will keep doing business with us even when the buzz word is "recession." They will also be more willing to refer their friends and family to us.
I invite you to click here to try a service that allows you to follow-up with your clients and customers in an effective and efficient way. Send one of your clients or customers a FREE unexpected greeting card today!