In my last post we highlighted how easy it is to allow ourselves to become distracted from our focus. Here are 5 recommended action steps to help you to maintain your focus:
1. Be specific in your objective. This makes a huge difference in reducing the level of distractions as your objective can be as broad as the ocean, which leaves you with a lot of room to flounder and get lost; or it can be narrow or focused as a little pond in your backyard that allows you limited freedom, but provides a place for growth.
For example: If your objective is “to make money online as an internet marketer” that is way to vague and you will lose focus by becoming bedazzled by all the information on the internet. On the other hand make your objective more specific; perhaps, “I am going to be the best Affiliate Marketer I can learn to be in the next 6 months.” That will be your focus for the next six months so you will ignore all the other ‘opportunities’ that are offered to you.
2. Have strategies in place to achieve your objective. Your strategy would involve putting on blinders to shield you from any other ‘opportunities’ that may be offered to you on the internet. Instead, you are then going to focus on training from one or two experts who are currently doing Affiliate Marketing, someone like Connie Green who has proven by the prizes she’s won in Affiliate Marketing competitions that she is a Super Affiliate and follow all the steps that she teaches.
3. Determine what tactics you will employ. You will need to set aside time on a daily basis to educate yourself and implement the strategies taught. Both go hand in hand; you first learn then you take action.
4. What is your ultimate goal; your Why for being in business? You often have to dig deep down into you inner self to find the answer.
5. Be determined and disciplined. All of these steps take determination and discipline. Discipline to stay the course and maintain your focus; determination because there are situations that will arise and may throw you off course. Your determination will allow you to get back on track even if you fall several times. These situations can be internal or external; however, when you are focused you will let nothing stand in your way but will find ways to deal with or overcome the challenges.
Do you have other steps that have worked for you? Please share in the comments so we can all benefit.