Simply put your brand is basically the reputation that you build through your online activities over a period of time and how people think of you when they see or hear your name and or the name of your main website. You will first have to determine who you are, what sets you apart from everyone else and what image you want the world to have of you through your online activities, then work towards developing and building your brand for online success.
This can be challenging because for the most part your brand will be conveyed through words that more often than not appear on a computer screen. In face to face contact there are opportunities for your emotions and thoughts to be expressed through conversations, body language, eye contact and voice inflection, among others. On the other hand, being able to convey warmth, compassion, understanding, a positive attitude, etc. becomes a lot more complex. Following are just some of the personal action steps you can take to build your brand for success:
Personal Action Steps –
1) Do you have a vision of where you want to be? What are your short-term and long-term goals? You must identify your vision and determine what your goals are and set dates or time periods for their achievement.
2) You must have a purpose for doing what you do and this purpose must align with you values for true satisfaction.
3) Identify your particular strengths and amplify these to set you apart.
4) Determine what online tools you will use to be most effective in building your brand.
5) Set up a Marketing Plan that will maximize your work to build your brand, without which you are only doing a half of what’s required to maintain success in your online business
In my next post, we will consider practical steps that can be taken to build your brand for online success.